- The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
- Both the allocated rooms and common areas must be left clean and tidy at the end of every session. It is essential that stairways and passages are not obstructed. Unless storage facilities are made available to Hirers, equipment and furniture brought into the premises must be removed at the end of every session – storage made available must also be kept clean and tidy.
- All users are required to sign in at the start of their session, and to sign out at the end, in books kept for this purpose in the entrance lobby. The Authorised representative of hiring organisations using HdeW facilities on a regular basis may, sign in and out for the group, but only if he/she knows the numbers, names and phone numbers of his group at all times.
- The premises are insured by HdeW, but hiring organisations must arrange public liability insurance to cover any claim of negligence or legal liability against the organisation arising out of its use of the premises. (There is no such requirement for individuals making single hirings, but they are strongly advised to consider whether they should arrange cover for themselves).
- Hirers must refrain from any activity which could jeopardise the HdeW’s insurance cover, and in particular, the safety and security of the premises. The HdeW site is a non-smoking area, no naked lights are permitted, fire doors must not be propped open, and any electrical equipment must be safe and carry a current safety certificate.
- Hirers whose agreements entitle them use of the kitchen may use it only for food storage and for preparation of food and beverages (including warming or re-heating). No cooking of raw ingredients is permitted, particularly chips.
- Users are responsible for their own safety in the event of fire, (and representatives of organisations are responsible for the members of their group). All hirers must therefore be aware of the Centre’s fire safety arrangements and emergency exit routes; and responsible for holding periodic fire safety drills for their own organisations.
- Any accident involving injury to any user must be recorded in the accident book kept for this purpose in the entrance lobby.
- The hiring fee (except where specifically excluded) includes gas, electricity and water. Hirers shall turn off heaters, lights and taps after use.
- The last person to leave the Centre in the evening is responsible for ensuring that windows and doors are secured, and that the alarm is switched on. Also, where relevant, that the car park is secured. When leaving the centre, hirers, and anyone collecting those hirers, shall leave quietly as a courtesy to neighbours.
- The Hirer is reminded that, in addition to complying with the above, the Hiring Agreement also requires that he/she, (or his Authorised Representative) is responsible to HdeW for ensuring appropriate supervision for the number of persons using the premises, their behaviour, noise levels and access including car parking; that no damage occurs to the premises, furniture, equipment or fittings, in the event of any such damage, the Hirer agrees to indemnify HdeW against the cost of reparations; that the specific agreement of HdeW is obtained before the consumption of alcohol is authorised; that the Hirer is responsible for obtaining any relevant licences for use of television receiving equipment, for music, dancing and public performances, and for betting, gaming or lotteries. He/she shall observe all relevant laws, including the Children Act 1989, and those on public safety and food health and hygiene.
- Any Hirer requiring clarification of any matter in this paragraph must contact the Clerk to the Trustees.
Special Conditions of Hire during Covid 19
- You, the Hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the Covid 19 Risk Assessment when entering and occupying the hall, as shown on the attached sheet and also displayed in the hall, in particular the using of hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after.
- You will be responsible for the cleaning of door handles and all surfaces likely to be used/touched during your period of hire BEFORE and AFTER your group arrive/depart. You must use anti bacterial spray or wipes and dispose of all used cloths/wipes in the bins provided. If cleaning electrical equipment use clothes – do NOT spray.
- You will ensure that everyone likely to attend your group understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they, or anyone in their household, has Covid 19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST alert the group leader who will inform others with whom they have been in contact. The Clerk to the Trustees and/or Chair of Trustees MUST be informed.
- You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring that they are all securely closed before leaving.
- You are responsible for ensuring that people attending your group activity maintain the Government stated social distancing (currently 2m or in mitigating circumstances 1m plus). You will ensure that everyone attending maintains social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, within the premises and as far as possible when using confined areas including toilets and when moving and storing equipment social distancing should be maintained as far as possible, and if this is difficult, this should be kept as brief as possible.
- You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any people likely to be clinically more vulnerable to Covid 19, including keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms, eg toilet and kitchen.
- You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, in the outside rubbish bin, when leaving the hall.
- You will ensure that whichever hall is used for your activity that this is the only space you use except in accessing the hall and using the toilet facilities.
- No crockery or cutlery belonging to the Howard de Walden Centre are to be used. It is your responsibility to ensure that users bring their own together with their own clean tea towels. This is to reduce risk of contamination between Hirers. Please ensure that they are removed at the end of your hire. You must clean all kitchen surfaces.
- We will have the right to close the Howard de Walden Centre if there are any safety concerns relating to Covid 19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleaning is required, or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions outlined herein are not be complied with, whether by you or by other Hirers or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for the hire.
Got a question?
Get in touch with us.